Extreme Density Cables -- More Capacity, Smaller Size
Developed to meet the current demand for the highest bandwidth capacity in limited duct space, high-density cables provide roughly twice the fiber count in the same footprint of existing central-tube and stranded-ribbon-tube design cables.
- Maximizes duct installation
- Smaller diameters mean smaller coils and handholes
- Enables mass fusion splicing
- Reduces prep time
- Pullable (unlike micro-cables)
Extreme Density Cable Applications
- Data center interconnect
- High-density FTTX applications
- Metro 5G densification
- Smaller and lighter in weight than standard flat ribbon cables
- Doubles the density of vital pathways vs standard cable designs
- For indoor and outdoor use, connecting data centers
- For serving as distribution for dense FTTx and mobility networks
- Allows for highly efficient ribbon splicing and easy single-or multiple-fiber breakout
- Suited for Data Center Interconnect applications and other emerging network needs where high-fiber availability is critical.
- Flexible, finger-peelable subunits provide protection of each 288-fiber ribbon stack
- Gel-free design reduces time, labor and risk associated with cleaning ribbons.
- Utilizes traditional ribbon-splicing technique